Well-rounded Web technology professional with over 16 years hard, hands-on experience planning, building, managing, and administering high-traffic websites and applications for a variety of organizations in both user experience level and server development.
Fluency in these technologies:
Team Lead - Senior Front End Developer
UI/UX team lead in charge of developing the company's enterprise level mobile responsive front-end SaaS offering in AngularJS, Zurb Foundation, HTML5, and CSS3. Target application audience is tuned for the mid to low end non profit advocacy and donation space.
Professional highlights at Salsa Labs included:
- MV* development with AngularJS
- Architected the project's UI development structure and base framework
- Worked heavily with HTML5, SASS/SCSS utilizing CSS3 modernizations, Grunt and Bower.
- Consumption and assisted in design of the platform's REST API.
- Managed a team of four front end developers in a parallel development stratagem, which included developers located locally and abroad.
- Presented SCRUM sprint demonstrations for the larger development team at the end of each sprint cycle.
- Trained new developers in the project's standards, schemas and code base to get them productive fast.
- Worked closely with the senior management team and product manager for task assignment, scheduling, and prioritization.
- Managed the UI project's Git version controlled repository.
Senior Front End Web Developer
My responsibilities at Virid included UI/UX construction from a front end web development role to team collaboration taking the UI that was made and integrating it with the company's custom Ecommerce solution. In an average day you will catch me throwing together HTML5/CSS3 templates utilizing several of the most modern HTML frameworks on the market today, such as Zurb Foundation and Twitter bootstrap.
Professional highlights at Virid included:
- HTML5/CSS3 utilization
- Front end team member recipient of a silver DC Addie award for Journey's BBQ 2011 website
- AJAX/JSON data communication to ASPX, C#, VB backend systems
Websites that I worked on at Virid:
Technology Lead/Lead Software Engineer
As the lead technologist for a small, niche marketing firm, I work with a team of 3 professionals to create and maintain over 30 high-traffic websites that drew over 2.5 million visitors per month.
Apart from managing day-to-day web operations across multiple cloud-based Linux servers in different locations, I was also responsible for developing and implementing software solutions based on business needs, and delivering these solutions on time, on spec, and on budget.
Professional highlights include:
- Designing, developing, and launching a custom CMS to handle over 20 data-intensive websites.
- Overseeing advertising and affiliate sales revenue of over $2 million per year.
- Creating a social marketing application that increased monthly traffic by 15% after launch.
- Managed contractors and small team of employees on internal software projects.
- Maintaining the organizations OpenX ad server and managing advertising campaigns. Designed advertising banners as needed.
- Also handled data mining requests, social network marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and maintaining Web content as part of daily responsibilities.
Data and Systems Architect
As a data and systems architect, I worked independently for the business division of a large internet corporation. I developed software to make the sales and implementation teams efficiently process orders. I also managed a large commercial MS Windows based web hosting for business customers.
Professional highlights include:
- Designed and developed intranet CRM systems, eliminating paper orders and increasing efficiency.
- Maintained High Availability (HA) clustered networks of application servers; maintained hardware and software of commercial MS Windows based web hosting platforms of over 30 web servers and SAN storage networks.
- Developed data migration tools that connected to Salesforce.com.
- Collaborated in deciding technological means and feasibility of future software/hardware requirements.
Sepaton: Enterprise Data Backup and Recovery
Developed front end HTML/CSS/JS for Sepaton, a large enterprise level data backup and recovery company utilizing Zurb Foundation 3.www.sepaton.com
Capital Fringe Festival: Show Database Programming
Developed a custom Content Management System that allowed the staff of a non-profit theater and arts group in Washington, D.C. to update their organizations website and manage the entries on their online event calendar.shows.capfringe.org
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Assisted a leading public health non-government organization migrate their micro-websites from Convio to Expression Engine. Also provide XHTML/CSS development, MySQL and PHP programming, and Web template development.www.tobaccofreekids.org
John F. Pattie Parent-Teacher Coop Organization
Hard Technology Skills:
MySQL database architecture and design, data mining
Content Management Systems
Word Press, Expression Engine, Social Networking, Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
Web Server Technologies
LAMP Architecture(Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), ASPX/C# exposure, JAVA ANDROID App development, CodeIgniter PHP Framework
Linux Server Administration
CentOS5, Ubuntu, RedHat, Slackware, Debian